TGP Collaborative for Children & Youth
The Georgetown Project was created 16 years ago by a broad cross-section of community leaders to monitor the health and well-being of the young people in our community. One way we accomplish this mission is by leading The Georgetown Project Collaborative for Children & Youth, a coalition of 30 youth-serving organizations that meets regularly to collect and publish child and youth data, map local resources, identify needs, and nurture collaborations that develop programs and services to fill the gaps.
The 2011 Snapshot of Georgetown Children & Youth highlighted emerging needs and opportunities for enhancing youth services of The Collaborative practices. Ready By 21 Leadership Strategy is for improving youth outcomes.
*NOTE new location! The Collaborative meets the first Wednesday of each month at 11:30 at the Georgetown Health Foundation Community Room C (2423 Williams Drive, Suite 101, Georgetown). (Bring your own brown bag lunch) The upcoming dates are: October 7 and November 4 (or click on Upcoming Events on homepage for dates).
A community where no child is hungry, hurt, alone, or rejected...and where all children and youth believe they are loved, respected and treated with dignity.
Assemble regularly representatives from nonprofit, business, government, faith, healthcare, education, law enforcement, social services, philanthropists, parents, grandparents, youth, and community volunteers……..
1. To jointly identify strengths and challenges in the healthy development of Georgetown children and youth...
2. To collaboratively network, mobilize and braid human and financial resources to enhance collective impact on addressing identified needs and gaps in the safety net for the children and youth of our community...
3. To inspire residents of the Georgetown community to become advocates for children and youth and to get involved in creating a community where all children are valued and have the opportunity to thrive.
The Georgetown Project Collaborative Members 2013
- Annunciation Maternity Home
- Arrow Child & Family Ministries
- Assistance League of Georgetown
- Bluebonnet Trails MHMR
- Boy Scouts
- Boys' and Girls' Club
- Bright Future For You
- Camp Agape
- CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) of Will. Co.
- Chamber of Commerce GTSet4Success
- City of Georgetown
- Communities in Schools
- Community Volunteers
- Department of State Health Services
- The Locker
- ECI Pride
- Exceptional Georgetown Alliance
- Georgetown Community Resource Center
- Georgetown Health Foundation
- Georgetown Housing Authority
- Georgetown Parks and Recreation
- Georgetown Police Department
- Girl Scouts of America
- GISD - Council of PTAs
- GISD & The Georgetown Project--After School Action Program (ASAP)
- GISD-Extended School Enrichment (ESE)
- GISD-Homeless Education
- GISD-Migrant Education
- GISD-Nurses Health & Safety
- GISD--Service Learning
- GISD-Special Education
- Hope Alliance
- Lone Star Circle of Care
- Parent Teacher Association
- Partners In Education
- Ride On Center for Kids (ROCK)
- Southwestern University
- STARRY (Children at Heart Ministries, SAFE Teen Homeless Shelter, etc. - Round Rock
- TGP Collaborative Partners
- The Care Communities
- The Caring Place
- The Georgetown Project (TGP)
- The Georgetown Project Bridges to Growth
- The Salvation Army
- United Way of Williamson County
- Williamson-Burnet Bounty Opportunities (WBCO)
- Williamson County Children's Advocacy Center
- Williamson County Community Coordinated Childcare (WC4C)
- Williamson County & Cities Health District
- Williamson County Juvenile Justice
- Williamson Museum
- Williamson County Sun
Click here to go back