TGP Collaborative for Children & Youth
The Georgetown Project was created 16 years ago by a broad cross-section of community leaders to monitor the health and well-being of the young people in our community. One way we accomplish this mission is by leading The Georgetown Project Collaborative for Children & Youth, a coalition of 30 youth-serving organizations that meets regularly to collect and publish child and youth data, map local resources, identify needs, and nurture collaborations that develop programs and services to fill the gaps.
The 2011 Snapshot of Georgetown Children & Youth highlighted emerging needs and opportunities for enhancing youth services of The Collaborative practices. Ready By 21 Leadership Strategy is for improving youth outcomes.
The Collaborative meets the first Wednesday of each month at 11:30 at the Georgetown Health Foundation Community Room C (2423 Williams Drive, Suite 101, Georgetown). (Bring your own brown bag lunch) (click on Upcoming Events on homepage for dates). Our next meeting is Wed. Sept. 7th!
A community where no child is hungry, hurt, alone, or rejected...and where all children and youth believe they are loved, respected and treated with dignity.
Assemble regularly representatives from nonprofit, business, government, faith, healthcare, education, law enforcement, social services, philanthropists, parents, grandparents, youth, and community volunteers……..
1. To jointly identify strengths and challenges in the healthy development of Georgetown children and youth...
2. To collaboratively network, mobilize and braid human and financial resources to enhance collective impact on addressing identified needs and gaps in the safety net for the children and youth of our community...
3. To inspire residents of the Georgetown community to become advocates for children and youth and to get involved in creating a community where all children are valued and have the opportunity to thrive.
The Georgetown Project Collaborative Members 2013
- Annunciation Maternity Home
- Assistance League of Georgetown
- Backpack Buddies
- Bluebonnet Trails MHMR
- Boys' and Girls' Club of Georgetown
- Camp Agape
- CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) of WILCO
- Chamber of Commerce GTSet4Success
- City of Georgetown
- Department of State Health Services
- ECI Pride
- Exceptional Georgetown Alliance
- Georgetown Behavioral Health Institute
- Georgetown Health Foundation
- Georgetown Housing Authority
- Georgetown Parks and Recreation
- Georgetown Partners in Education
- Georgetown Police Department
- Georgetown Public Library
- GISD - Council of PTAs
- GISD/TGP -After School Action Program (ASAP)
- GISD-Homeless Education
- GISD-Migrant Education
- GISD-Nurses Health & Safety
- Goodwill Industries
- Hope Alliance
- Junior University
- Lone Star Circle of Care
- Open Arms of Central Texas
- Phoenix House
- Ride On Center for Kids (ROCK)
- Rock Springs
- Seeds of Strength
- Service Club Coalition (Rotary, Lions, Sertoma, Optimists, Kiwanis)
- Southwestern University
- Strong Start
- The Caring Place
- The Christi Center
The Georgetown Project (TGP)
ASAP, Assets in Action, Bridges to Growth, CIP, Kid City, The NEST & The TGP Collaborative for Children & Youth
- The Locker
- The Palace Theatre
- The Salvation Army
- The Williamson Museum
- United Way of Williamson County
- Upward Bound - SU
- Volunteers & Mentors
- WILCO Institute for Excellence in Nonprofits
- Williamson-Burnet Bounty Opportunities (WBCO)
- Williamson County Children's Advocacy Center
- Williamson County & Cities Health District
- Williamson County Juvenile Justice
- YMCA of Greater Wiliamson County
Click here to go back